Pages

July 13, 2010

Gia|Child Photography|Antioch Park|Merriam KS

I posted a very brief sneak peek a while back about this session. It was a Fathers' Day gift for Gia's daddy and we had to keep the rest of the images under wraps. Well, the day has come and gone and I thought it was time to unwrap Miss Gia's session for the world.

Let me give you a little back story. Gia is no fan of my camera. I have tried and tried up to this point to get her to smile for me. Just once was all I asked. She wasn't gonna have any of it. Period. The moment she saw my camera in hand (even if I was all the way across the room), she would give me the most "gansta" look you could imagine coming from a 1 year old. I tell no lies. So, when Gia's mommy asked me to do this session, I was a little nervous. How was I gonna get this girl to warm up to me???

When doing session with small children, I try to spend at least 10-15 minutes at the start of the shoot just playing with them. I like to meet them in a familiar environment and just play. I usually snap a few shots of them and let them take look on the LCD. This usually wins them over. Sometimes circumstances don't always allow for this ice-breaking ritual. Thankfully, nothing stopped us that day. I'm happy to say that after only 15 minutes of "small talk" with Miss Gia I got a smile! By the end of the shoot, she kept saying "I see you!" to get my attention. Needless to say, we had a blast and I have yet another beauty to add to my portfolio...



pic name

pic name



Hello! Look at those curls!





We were so happy to see all the baby geese! Gia wasn't the least bit afraid of them. Thankfully the momma didn't see her as a threat and let her get plenty close.



pic name

pic name









That's for all today. Keep a look out - I have another wedding coming up this weekend. I can't wait!!!

1 comment:

Maggie said...

I love it! She's a doll! Gorgeous photos as always, Kami :) I need to schedule a session for Judah with you for next month- I'll try and call you this week.