Pages

July 07, 2010

Shultz Family Portraits|Konza Prairie|Manhattan KS

If you've ever lived in the resident halls while in college, you'll understand the anxiety that comes with going "pot-luck" when choosing roommates. It works for some, and not for others. Well, thankfully, I didn't have to go through that. In fact, I hadn't even graduated from high school before I met my future roommate. You see, Annie and I hit it off soon after we met. We went to the same church and she was always willing to drive an extra hour out of her way to come get me for youth group. She's a faithful friend.

She witnessed firsthand the butterflies I seemed to have swallowed the night I met my husband. She listened to me swoon about how I was going to marry him (long before he even knew I existed). She lived with the awful smell of burned popcorn from the night I listened to the message Tyler left on our answering machine over and over while forgetting the mini bag of popcorn cooking about 3 minutes too long. She drove me to countless places until I had my drivers' license - including a dental appointment at 7am after getting dry socket only days after having my wisdom teeth removed. Not only did she put up with my stinky volleyball gear, but also with my crazy neat-freak side. We were born less than a week apart. I think we're gonna be connected for a long time.

Here she is with her beautiful family. She'll be welcoming another baby by Christmas. She's an awesome mommy, devoted and passionate wife, avid breastfeeding supporter, faithful friend, and a beautiful woman of God. Without further adieu: Annie, Josh, Lizzie, and David...





Yep, he's eating rocks...

pic name

pic name






pic name

pic name

This picture is totally out of focus, but I couldn't help but include it. It's so Annie.






pic name

pic name




I'm sad we only had about 20 minutes to shoot (due to a miscommunication about the location). It wasn't nearly long enough to catch up...

No comments: