Pages

July 22, 2010

Beth & Kevin Sieker|Kansas City Wedding|Redeemer Fellowship|Kansas City MO

It was June 2, 2006. 11:55pm to be exact. I was tending the bar at Applebee's in Manhattan, KS. The bar was scheduled to close at 12:00am. I heard the door open, looked up, and saw Beth walk in with a few of her friends. She and I had worked together for a while at that point. We considered one another friends. She sat at the bar just 5 minutes from closing. I wasn't happy. Beth was to turn 21 at midnight and wanted a Sangria (how I remember that, I don't know). All she wanted was to have her first 'drink' in a place surrounded by those who loved her. Instead of greeting her with a smile and joyfully serving her and her friends, I was rude. I mean rude. I was more concerned with the fact I was trying to close the bar rather than blessing my friend on her birthday. I still look back on that night with embarrassment.

Fast forward 4 years. I would occasionally see Beth's updates on FB and it would remind me of that night. Now, I know it may seem like a little thing, but I'm not the type of person who can let go of things when I know I was in the wrong. I want to make it right. For some reason, that night kept nagging at me. I finally found myself praying, "Why can't I let go of this, Lord? Please give me an opportunity to bless Beth." We hadn't seen each other in years, and here I was praying the Lord would somehow give me an opportunity to make up for an incredibly selfish night four years ago. I didn't even know where she was living!

About a month ago I was asked to shoot second for a wedding that was to take place this month. Of course, I jumped at the opportunity. A few days before the event, I received word I would be the lead shooter. Holy cow! My first wedding as lead shooter!

It was Beth's wedding.

For six months or so I had been praying God would bringing me an opportunity to bless Beth in a special way. Well, Beth. I think God answered. He spent six months preparing my heart for your wedding. What a beautiful day it was...

Okay. Enough about me. :)

Beth & Kevin. What a great couple! Their lives are completely centered around their mutual love of Christ. It was so evident in every aspect of the entire day. I can't believe I was able to share the day with them. What a blessing. The Lord couldn't have gifted me with a better couple to shoot my first full wedding with. Their families were so kind, and their bridal party kept me laughing. Let me introduce you to Kevin & Beth...







pic name

pic name



pic name

pic name

I happened to look over at Beth's mom and saw she was tearing up watching Beth get dressed. Then I looked over to Beth and saw she was tearing up. Then I looked to her bride's maids and they too had tears in their eyes. No one was saying a word. It was so moving, I couldn't help but tear up myself. What an incredibly intimate moment to be a part of.






pic name

pic name

pic name

pic name

pic name

pic name















Okay. Hilarious. Kevin's socks were navy blue and pink argyle. I asked him if he was borrowing them from Beth. He said no. ;)









This is one of my favorite shots of Kevin. Beth, you have one handsome fella.



This is such beautiful church. I just had to include a shot of one of the many stain glass windows.



See? Told ya' it's beautiful.




pic name

pic name



pic name

pic name


pic name

pic name

pic name

pic name

pic name

pic name





pic name

pic name

I was raining when the ceremony ended, but the Lord saw it fit to add yet another blessing to Beth and Kevin's day and brought the sun out long enough to get a few outdoor pictures.




I absolutely love this venue! It's actually part of the church.



Kevin is a manager at a Chipotle. Inside each of these packages was a BOGO card for a burrito!

pic name

pic name



pic name

pic name

pic name

pic name

pic name

pic name

Here's to you, Sarah! I told you I'd make you famous with my blog. :)

pic name

pic name

pic name

pic name






Congrats, Beth & Kevin! Thank you for letting me into your special day so freely.

***A big Thank-you to Kristin and Tyler for working so hard to make sure Kevin and Beth won't miss a memory. It was a blast shooting with the two of you and I can't imagine how it might have turned out without either of you.***

Wanna see more??? Click here to view the entire day. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful pics, what a beautiful wedding.

Jenae said...

Great Job Kami!! I really like the getting ready shots.